12.01.2006

Written in the stars?

I’ve never been one to get too heavy into astrology and horoscopes. Yes. I’ll occasionally read my horoscope online or check out the Sunday paper. I’ve always found such things intriguing. But for the most part, I’ve never really taken it very seriously.

I realized something this week, though. Most good change – like big change – in my adult life has occurred during the winter months. I transferred from good ‘ol Suck 4 to WMU in January. A few years later, I took off for East Lansing in the winter for grad school. I obtained my first full-time job and moved to Ohio in February of 2004. I got married last December. And, now, I’m geared up to start a new job (YES! I SAID IT!) just before Christmas.

Perhaps something is written in the stars that change – for me – comes only in the wintertime. Not sure when (or why) I had this little revelation but I’m pretty sure I’m more interested in astrology and such.

Has anyone else noticed any weird patterns in their life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my weird pattern (which I just noticed before coming to OCC): 3 years and 8 months seems to be my limit with something. If you go fall freshman year through spring senior year, I was in high school for 3 years, 8 months and college for 3 years, 8 months. I was also at the newspaper for 3 years, 8 months and my agency job for 3 years, 8 months. All on the nose!

Tiny said...

Wow... That's crazy!!!