6.05.2007

What's the point?

My big class project this semester is to do a lit review. (I did something very similar back in my first attempt at grad school, so I was familiar with the concept before this class.)

Twenty-pages into my source summaries on Sunday, I got a bit worked up. Not because it was difficult. But because I don't see the point in wasting hours upon hours of my life simply reviewing research that has already been done on a subject I chose in a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants moment.

I understand that professors want to see that we are capable of such a feat, but really, I don't think I'll EVER see any other purpose.

Thank goodness it's an eight-week class...

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Is it great to be in "class" again?!

Tiny said...

Hehehe... wonderful:)