7.22.2007

Hello, my name is...

One of my good friends once told me how difficult it was finding friends in a new city. That I was very fortunate to have stumbled onto the volleyball court and found such a warm, welcoming, fun group of individuals at our abode in T-Town. (I was. And I am forever grateful that they welcomed us with open arms.)

Now we're in another new city. Starting from square one. Knowing no one. Not sure how to go about meeting new people. (No volleyball court this time around...) I'm definitely realizing how difficult it is to meet people again.

Have you ever been in this situation? What did you do? How'd you meet people?

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Hmmm... I live in a country where English is people's second language. However, friends are still possible! Meet one person, then go ANYWHERE when people ask you to go. Then, you'll meet more people and so on. Best of luck.

Unknown said...

Exercise classes. There's nothing like bonding over squat thrusts and crunches. But seriously, get yourself into some yoga or pilates. Also, exercise centers usually have rec leagues for volleyball and other sports. I'm sure you'll meet new people. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend! (I know I am.)