7.12.2006

I think I may cry

I’m a little saddened. According to Rolling Stone, Rivers Cuomo, Weezer’s frontman who has, in the past, made a couple of appearances on “my list,” is supposedly leaving the band.

I was introduced to Weezer back in college. A friend of mine, we’ll call V – an incredibly cute, alt guy I worked with back in the day – burned me a cd one day that included their first two albums.

Since that fateful day, I’ve listened to that cd more than any other I’ve ever owned. Listening to it takes me back to so many places, so many people. Remember our drive of shame A?

I was fortunate to catch a concert once with my good friend C. They were AWESOME live. Bit of a shame if I never catch another.

Read whole story here.

Picture compliments of Rolling Stone.

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Kristin, my condolences.

I really am not all that familiar with Weezer, but I can only magine if say, Dave Matthews left the Dave Matthews Band. I'd be sad.

(I wonder what would happen if Dave quit the Dave Matthews Band. Would they just be called "Band" then? Ha.)

Tiny said...

Thank you for your condolences Kylee. Much appreciated:)

(I don't think the Dave Matthews Band could go on after losing Dave. That would just be wrong.)