8.27.2006

Channel flipping

With such bad TV all summer, I should be elated that so much is on this evening, right? The Emmy's, "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Star Wars" (I think II) and "Big Brother!" Wow! So much to choose from!

So, why am I upset then? I'll tell you why. All summer I've been hoping to turn on the television to find something worth watching. Nothing. And then, for whatever reason, all the networks decide to put a whole bunch of great shows and movies on for one night only. What's up with that?

I understand the concept of being competitive. But, one would think, in such a dry spell of television, it might behoove networks to air their great shows on nights when there isn't as much competition. That way, they'd have a complete monopoly on viewers.

Er...OK, time to go back to channel flipping.

No comments: