12.04.2006

Me First


A and I went to see Me First and the Gimme Gimmes – a kick-ass cover band – on Friday in D-town. Awe. Some. They were so great. They came out in cowboy hats and aviator shades (in true SuperTroopers style) and turned songs like “Goodbye Earl” and "Jolene" into punk. (Apparently they have a new “country and western" album out.)

Other favorites included “I Believe I Can Fly,” “Rocketman,” “End of the Road,” “Seasons in the Sun,” “Rainbow Connection,” “Leaving on a Jet Plane,” “Wild World,” “Summertime,” etc. (You get the idea… I liked them all!)

Seriously, nothing beats seeing that type of crowd jam to Boyz II Men and the Dixie Chicks. Truly amazing.

One thing I don’t understand about these types of concerts, though, is the moshing and body surfing. How is that in any way enjoyable?

To learn more about the Gimme Gimmes, click here.

2 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

HOW FUN!!!! I am totally checking out the website, that sounds like a great time! It is so funny to think of Goodbye Earl in punk - haha! I love it!!!

I am glad you had a great time!

(Yes, I don't understand body surfing and mosh pits either)

Anonymous said...

How FUN!!!!! Very cool. :-)