12.07.2006

Twinsies


Have you ever been out and about, and glanced around only to see a couple wearing matching jackets, sweatshirts, pants and the like? I have. And, every time I see it I ask myself if I would ever do such a thing with my sweety.

Is it corny? Is it lame? Is it cute? I can’t decide. I think it depends on the couple and their ability to pull it off in such a way that doesn’t leave audiences wanting to put their fingers down their throats.

What do you think? Would you do it?

* This post came to mind as A and I looked in the mirror last night while we were getting ready for bed. We had both put on (without the other’s knowledge) a bright yellow shirt and gray pajama pants. Made us both crack up.

P.S. I have absolutely no idea who the people are in the above picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At home? Before bed? Totally cute.

In public? Never.

When I was out on Tuesday night there was a couple down in San Lucas that were abnormally good looking. However, they were BOTH (yes I said both) wearing white pants (yes, white) and black sleeveless shirts. She looked awesome, he looked like a man straight from South Beach. It was scary. It shouldn't be done.

One of the two needed to have opened up the suitcase and grabbed another pair of pants. Preferably the man, because men shouldn't ever wear white pants. Unless they are Dr.'s or something.

Anonymous said...

Clearly judging by the guy's face in this picture, he is extremely pissed.
This is not acceptable in public. It's extremely not acceptable if the matching article of clothing is a Hawaiian shirt. I mean come on.

Anonymous said...

Intentionally dressing alike as a couple is never OK, ever. Not even if a nuclear holocaust happens and the only pair of radiation suits in the house are matching. Someone is just going to have to get cancer.

Anonymous said...

agreed with above comments - matching articles of clothing are reserved for those that are SO old that they can't see or hear well enough to know the difference....and this usually involves pink flamingo sweatshirts from their latest Florida vacation destination.